With the multitude of smart phones, tablets and phablets using differing mobile browsers, it has been difficult to deliver a single version of a training course that would seamlessly play across all platforms – while maintaining the ability to play on traditional desktop computers. Lucky for you, we have solved this longtime issue with our latest Video On Demand (VOD) platform, which allows learners to train on any device.
By successfully eliminating all technological barriers, our new VOD format enables the workplace to take advantage of the real benefits mobile learning has to offer:
- Enjoy the ultimate convenience of being able to train anywhere and at any time
- Easily accommodate remote and “on-the-go” workers
- Eliminate the requirement of a classroom or a connection to a desktop device for training participation
- Track all mobile learning with existing Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Improve effectiveness of training by allowing learning to occur in small, “bite-sized” segments that are easy to digest
This third generation of a mobile-enabled VOD format makes the video files smaller without losing the integrity of the courses. It meets the demands of the variety of devices customers use by playing on tablets, PCs, Macs, and smart phones. The new VOD courses can be used on operating systems including; Windows, Windows RT, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS and Blackberry. Mastery supports these courses on a plethora of browsers, including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and all native browsers on mobile devices.
Our VOD comes at the perfect time as the challenges between IT departments and “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) programs continue to arise in many organizations. Mobile learning provides employees the power to train at their convenience, and alleviate the stressors of being limited to the accessibility of a work computer. If employees can complete training assigned to them at their own pace, and on their own time; they can alleviate some of their work-related stressors.
In the coming months we will continue releasing new VOD courses, as well as updating previously released Video On Demand titles.