According to statistics, American’s spend an average of 7.6 hours per day working and 2.5 hours per day doing household activities. Statistics also state on average, we commit over 12 hours of our day working, caring for others or our household. We do not have to wonder why we find ourselves stating the old cliché, “There aren’t enough hours in the day!”
Mastery believes in providing organizations with the necessary tools in order to encourage employees to become more effective. When building your team, every employer desires to get the best out of their employees. This includes time management. Mastery’s training course, Getting The Most Out of Your Team, assists leaders with doing just that; equipping their employees with setting effective goals, understanding their role within the company, and making the best of meetings with a collaborative environment. The training displays the importance of structure and following guidelines within the workplace in order to stay on task.
Here are 5 tips for conquering time management. With these tips your employees will be on their way to being successful within the workplace in no time.
- Question Yourself – It’s easy to get caught up in being busy and allowing that to be distracting. Take a minute to ask yourself “how can I allocate my time accordingly?” Don’t be afraid to stop what you are doing to focus on another activity that could be completed in a shorter amount of time.
- Tame Your Technology – As much as we may utilize technology within the workplace, having our cell phone or tablets readily accessible can distract us from our goals. Don’t allow technology take up too much of your time.
- Clear the Clutter – Sometimes having a clutter filled desk or workplace can create distraction. Take a few minutes to de-clutter! You will be surprised what a clutter-free environment will do—it produces creativity and productivity.
- Schedule It – Feel like you have a million and one things to do? Schedule it! Schedule projects throughout the day in order to allocate your time properly. This will help create a productive work environment for you.
- Seek Accountability – Workplace accountability can help you become more productive. Find a co-worker who will help keep you accountable with staying on task and meeting your deadlines. Remember, there is strength in numbers!
Get your employees on the success train with one of the following Mastery’s courses:
For a complete listing of Mastery courses, visit mastery.com.