Paying attention while working in a fast-paced or slow environment is a fundamental factor to an employee’s overall professional growth. From the employee to the company, when one overlooks details, it unfortunately becomes a costly mistake for all those involved.
According to a study completed by Gloria Mark from the University of California, Irvine, it takes approximately 23 mins for a worker to get back on task after being distracted. Gallup research shows 13% of employees around the world are actively engaged at work, and more than twice that number are so disengaged they spread their negativity toward others.
The age-old sayings, “The devil is in the details” and “failing to plan is planning to fail” ring true. In 2015, Mastery wants to help you become more attentive to details by providing you with these 5 tools to ensure a year of successful project management:
- Where’s your to-do list? – Create a detailed outline to help you stay focused on each task at hand. Visually seeing your list helps you develop a guide and provides you with an outline in order to eliminate frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Eliminate distractions – Do you keep your cell phone or iPad/tablet on you? Reduce the time you use your cell phone while completing tasks or frequently checking your e-mail or text messages by keeping your cell phone further than arm’s reach away. Easily distracted by the noises around you? That’s nothing a pair of headphones can’t handle. Headphones help eliminate the outside noise and a little music might even keep you focused and driven.
- Schedules, Schedule, Schedule – Develop a set amount of time for each task. This helps you stay focused.
- Communicate – Taking notes or asking questions helps you remain productive, detail-oriented and attentive to each task at hand.
- Rest, Rest and More Rest – Take care of yourself. Get the proper amount of rest and exercise. Maintain a healthy diet. With these three things, an individual will remain sharp and on top of their game.
Walk into 2015 with the confidence that will produce an outstanding year of productivity for you and your company. For a complete selection of training courses offered visit www.mastery.com