According to The Huffington Post, life expectancy in the U.S. has increased by almost 30 years within the last century. This increase in life expectancy has had a direct impact on the age of the current labor force.
Between 1990 and 2010, workers age 65 and older have increased by four percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. To remedy this increase in the amount of workers capable of one particular job, employers should target high-potential employees.
High-potential employees are a small selection of current workers that exhibit some or all of the following traits:
- Ability to deliver strong, credible company results
- Ability to master already in place techniques while infusing new and innovative ideas
- Trusted by current coworkers and potential new employees
- Strong desire to move upward in company management
- Strong mentorship capabilities.
Implement these four keys to high-potential employee success:
- Cultivate consistency, and a confident workplace culture.
- Develop training methods that instill meaningful experiences and real life situations.
- Ensure performance reviews have actual areas where employees can understand what they are doing correctly and what they need to improve on.
- Motivate employees to strive for leadership positions and moving around in the company for a vested and lasting interest in work affairs.
For employee training, check out our website. Some of our training courses include: public speaking techniques, OSHA safety training, and leadership and management skills. Mastery Technologies courses can help train your employees for a more succinct, productive work ethic.