Customer service is one of the most important aspects that can affect retail business. Employees on the frontline, the cash registers and service booth, are often the first and last people customers interact with. Do your employees have the skills it takes to keep customers satisfied and willing to return? Refresh their people skills and service help with the following five tips.
- Be flexible: Flexibility can make a bad day better. Learn different skills so you can be of use to different customer needs. Move around the store and make yourself available to help or create a change.
- Be respectful: Always treat customers the way you would like to be treated. Customers will return to a store where they feel their business is appreciated and respected.
- Deliver responses confidently: If a customer asks you a question, deliver an answer in a clear, confident manner. If you’re not sure what the answer is, find someone who knows and can help in a quick manner.
- Positivity is key: You could be the difference in someone’s day with your attitude and upbeat positivity. Be cheery and happy when speaking to customers. Answering a question in a positive manner or lending a helping hand with a smile is a sure way to make a great customer service experience.
- Take initiative: If you see something is wrong or not being done correctly, fix it yourself. Don’t wait for something to manifest into a problem if you can see it is headed in that direction.